Friday, March 18, 2011

Anticipate!

Good morning my fellow readers!

So sorry I've been MIA. However, it's been a busy and exciting month.

For the rest of February, I dedicated my time to performing in a brand new musical called, 'Life Recital.' What a joy it was to work on that piece and that character! A cast of 5 strong women, Life Rectial is a musical journey of four young artists passionately chasing their dreams. From the excitement and possibility instilled in youth to the harsh challenges of "the real world", these four aspiring artists struggle as they chase success. Lead on by talent and motivation, or turned away by rejection, fear and failure, to stay sane they draw strength and inspiration from each other....I played a photographer/visual artist named Lana. A daring persona/no fear kind of girl, Lana was never given the attention or support she deserved from her parents. She was always underminded, pushed aside or ignored. So, she had to find the courage and inspiration within herself to move to New York and follow her ambitions. It was so nice to have a meatier role this time around. Something, you can really dive into, explore and unveil. These kinds of opportunities are few and far between. But I had a blast playing Lana, and collaborating with all of the amazing women involved in the project. It was definitely a strong female dominated piece, which  fueled my feminism, and overall gave me not only something new and fresh to work on, but the message was so strong, I couldn't help but feel empowered after every performance. Thanks to everyone who came out to see it! Your support is greatly appreciated!

For those of you who missed it, here's a trailer we put together to give you a little taste....



Also, here a few shots from the our final dress:













Since our run ended, I've had a lot of time to audition, work on some new material, and begin thinking about the future......While work may not always come immediately, there are endless opportunities everywhere you look, and although this business is one of the toughest out there, and can often be discouraging when rejection hits, there's always something else to look forward to.

It's ususally around this time, when Winter is breathing it's last breath, and Spring is being reborn that I again find ways to develop my own rebirth. With every new season comes new change, and I love that every season, especially spring, I have yet another chance to renew, grow and reinvent. Life is beautiful when you are alive to experience the ever constant changes that lie ahead, ......

Today is March 18th, 3 days away from the Spring Equinox! I'm anticipating that change is in bloom and I'm ready for it!

Here is one of my favorite songs that helps ignite my fire....



"For every hand extended, another lies in wait....Keep your eye on that one...Anticipate." -Ani DiFranco

No comments:

Post a Comment